While you may be looking forward to spending time with family and friends outdoors and the warm temperatures, nefarious individuals may be looking forward to this time, as well – but for an entirely different reason.
Why Do Burglaries Spike in Warmer Months?
One of the biggest reasons that burglaries go up during this time of year is because people are spending more time away from home. With favorite activities including:
· Time outside
· Family reunions
This increased amount of time away from home gives burglars the perfect time to strike. There are other factors that contribute to the increase of incidences, too, which include:
· Leaving your vehicle running while shopping
· Keeping windows open to allow air circulation
· Leaving your vehicle windows open
· Leaving the garage door open longer
· Not locking a sliding glass door
How Can You Protect Your Home, Car and Family?
The good news is, there are a few steps you can take to help ensure your car and home are protected during this time of year. Some steps to take include:
· Always lock your garage – even if you are home
· Clean up all yard clutter and the driveway to make your home less appealing
· Keep your windows and doors secure at all times
· Shut your vehicle engine off each time you get out of the it
· Install home security devices as well as anti-car theft equipment
By taking a few proactive steps, you can feel confident that your home and car will be protected, and you won’t be such an appealing target to burglars and other nefarious individuals.
How Innovative Technology Can Improve Your Home Security